Whittier North Carolina Area Attractions
Harrah’s Cherokee Casino offers traditional table games with the friendliest dealers around! Offering live games like Blackjack, Craps, Roulette and more you’ll see why we were so happy to shuffle the deck and deal out some fun!
The Museum of the Cherokee Indian maintains a permanent exhibit, extensive artifact collection, archives, education programs, artist series, and a store. The museum also publishes the Journal of Cherokee Studies, several books, and an audio book.
|Ridge upon ridge of forest straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. World renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life, the beauty of its ancient mountains, and the quality of its remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture, this is America’s most visited national park.||Our scenic rail excursions takes you from our historic depot through the beautiful countryside of Western North Carolina. Our variety of train excursions and special event trains makes us perfect for making memories! One of the top Fun Things to do in North Carolina for families.|
Explore George Vanderbilt’s extraordinary home, beautiful gardens, and Antler Hill Village & Winery, nestled on 8,000 acres in the mountains of Asheville, NC.
Cool off in the mountains with a luxurious, rejuvenating escape to our amazing Spa. Enjoy 45,000 square feet of pure pampering bliss, including hot tubs, whirlpools, wet and dry suna and more.
Be sure to set aside time to experience these other attractions during your stay at Tuckaseegee RV Resort in western North Carolina!
- Historic Dillsboro — Old Town Shopping (6 miles)
- Sylva — Old Town Shopping (8 miles)
- Bryson City/Deep Creek (10 miles)
- Flea Markets: Uncle Bills, Gate Way, Aunt Fannies (3 miles)
- Commercial River Rafting, canoeing, and tubing (3 miles)
- Gem/Ruby mines — Cherokee (5 miles)
- Helicopter rides — Cherokee (5 miles)
- Blue Ridge Parkway (19 miles)
- Gatlinburg, TN (40 miles)
- Maggie Valley – Snow skiing/tubing, Ghost Town (40 miles)
- Cashiers and Highlands, NC (55 miles)
- Pigeon Forge, TN – Dollywood / Ripley’s Aquarium / Gatlinburg shopping (50 miles)
- Nantahala Outdoor Center (30 miles)
- Fontana Lake (30 miles)